Hollywood can’t get enough of the simply-but-chic milkmaid braid – so it’s time for you to get in on the craze! Get the look with this easy milkmaid braid tutorial from the Hair team.
To create this style, you’ll need:
AG Hair Texture Spray Definition & UV Protection -This defining and finishing spray gives your hair moveable, tousled texture. This spray gives you medium hold, adds volume, shine and controls frizz and flyaways.
AG Hair Frizzproof Anti-Humidity Spray – This argan anti-humidity spray helps fight frizz against rain, snow or humidity. Frizzproof, which is infused with argan oils, leaves hair shiny, soft, and smooth.
- A wide-toothed comb
- Bobby pins
- Two clear elastics
- A blow dryer
Let’s get started.
Step by step Milkmaid Braid Tutorial
1. Apply AG Texture Spray to damp hair. To help dry your hair, run your fingers through the strands.
2. Use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to create a rough part in your hair. Tuck your hair behind the ears. You can gently pull some hair out around your face to make your look more messy than perfect.
3. Divide your hair into two sections and braid each section to the end.
4. Secure each braid with a clear elastic (or one that’s the same color as your hair).
5. To loosen the braid, gently pull it apart. (Don’t worry if some strands fall out – the messier, the better!)
6. You can pin the braids to your head by putting bobbypins on top.
7. To create soft movement around the edges and back of your head, coat your braids in AG Frizzproof.
8. Once your braids have dried, you can add more AG Frizzproof.
These messy-chic braids are great for anything, from hitting the mall to heading out for girls’ night.